Friday 24 February 2017

How many pair of shoes does one woman need?

A lot....
And I do have a few (not Imelda Marcos level) but certainly enough to give a minimalist nightmares.  My shoe collection is not expensive, there are no Valentino's hidden in my wardrobe...unfortunately.  But I do have enough shoes and boots that I should have a pair to wear for every occasion, however this is often not the case.  Either the shoe doesn't suit, or it's a "sitting down" shoe when I need something I can stand up in for long periods of time,  or it's just plain sad and tired, or I can't find it within the clutter of the wardrobe.

So it's time to face the wardrobe, and sort the shoes, or hunt down those elusive items hiding under the bed. 

My plan is to sort my footwear into four piles:
  • Keep
  • Dump
  • Donate
  • On-sell
Finally- I will make a list of anything that I do require to purchase to make my shoe collection complete.

Step One
Face the Wardrobe - yikes!!!  And pull out all those shoes.



Step Two
Sort into groups for keeping
First Group - Sumer Shoes for work and special occasions


Second Group - Summer Shoes for Casual Friday and Weekends


Third Group - Summer Special Occasions (Blingy)
Fourth Group - Summer Casual  - and trips away
Fifth Group - I only hold on to these two pairs for travelling to warmer locations (the slides are old - but I wear a lot of insect repellant when overseas which tends to wreck good shoes)
Sixth Group - Workout/Walking


Seventh Group - Winter work and casual shoes/boots - to be re-sorted at the end of winter




Step Three
Sort the leftovers into Groups for Disposal

Dump
Old, had it - throw away

Repurpose
Gardening and Painting Shoes
 

On-selling
I love the cream shoes but it's the wrong cream for my wardrobe, plus they are a little high
I also love the leather boots - however they are too tight around my calf - causing a muffin top on my leg (not nice!) 

Donate
The strappy black shoes kill my feet.  I thought the aubergine boots would "snazz-up" my wardrobe - it turns out that I'm just not a snazzy kind of person. 


Step 4
Make a List

When looking at the pile of shoes I have left, there is one noticeable gap - and that is a nude pair of either sandles for the summer, or pumps to take me through the winter.  My gym shoes are also on their way out, so this will be my next purchase.  Other than that, I should have enough to see me through the fast approaching Autumn and Winter months.

How may shoes do you own?  Are you a designer shoe aficionado?  Do you have a middle of the road pile of shoes like myself, or are you one on these enviable persons who can make five pair of shoes work with any outfit and any occasion? Please let me know in the comments below.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment