Wednesday 1 February 2017

How it all started......

I glanced in the mirror one morning, and looking back at me was a face that didn't reflect how I felt.  Those subtle lines that used to ease away after a hot shower had somehow become a permanent daily fixture on my face.  Those few stubborn grey hairs had seemingly multiplied overnight, and refused to stay covered for long after a colour treatment.  Inches (and kilos) seemed harder to loose.  And I have a close friend's wedding coming up where I am the bridesmaid, and for some reason I brought a  sleeveless dress to wear for the occassion (drum roll....chicken wings)!

Let me introduce myself - I'm Ginny.  Someone about to enter my 50s.  And while not exactly in a rut, I am in need of a bit of a makeover - both fashion and health wise.  I've looked at many blogs and YouTube accounts for lifestyle, fashion and makeup information, and found that there is a gap in the market for women of a particular, fabulous age.

So I came up with the bold idea to start my own blog in the hopes that other women would be happy to share ideas and experiences for home, garden, fashion, life and health in general (and if anyone has a cure for that age old flabby arm issue - I'm all ears). 

I am not an expert in any of these fields, but as an end user, am keen to hear what other women have done to revitalize themselves in this journey into the 50s...and beyond!

 
https://www.youtube.com/embed/LofQqJAE8F0

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ginny, Isn't that something, I was just telling a friend a few weeks ago, that I looked in the mirror and my mother was looking back at me! Don't laugh but the flabby arms issue can be helped somewhat with 2 x 1kg bags of sugar. Hold one in each hand, hold out your arms sideways and bring them in from the elbow. Do this for 2-5 minutes each day and you will start noticing a change in those arms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Oma. Yes, I am also morphing into my mother, but as she's an amazing woman, I'm okay with that ☺

      Delete